What is Investors in Families?
Investors in Families (IIF) is a quality mark that recognises the work that schools and other settings undertake with families to improve outcomes for children and young people.
The quality mark is awarded to schools and other settings that demonstrate a commitment to working with families and evidence of the activities that demonstrate close working with families.
IIF Wales is a national scheme, with national standards, that is accredited locally.
Investors in Families is designed to:
- Value and support the important role that families play in the life of the child
- Promote social inclusion and a sense of wellbeing through positive participation in the child’s education
- Provide a structure for schools and other settings to demonstrate their commitment to the Rights to Action agenda
- Encourage a whole-setting approach to working with families
- Enable schools to network and share good practice
- Support from IIF associates as settings work towards accreditation
- Access to the members-only website where our Library of Effective Practice has been developed
- A newsletter with up to date information on working with families to improve educational outcomes
- The opportunity to attend regular seminars covering topical issues and showcasing effective practice
- Places at the annual IIF Conference
Membership of IIF costs £1200 (spread as £400/year for three years) for a primary or special school and £600/year for a secondary school (spread as £600/year for three years).
This membership fee includes all the costs of the accreditation or re-accreditation, which takes place every three years, plus all of the other benefits of membership.
Schools register for a three-year period and renew for further three-year periods. Spreading the cost of membership over three years enables IIF to develop a sustainable financial model and to plan new activities.
If the membership cost is not paid annually then the setting will lose it’s right to retain their IIF membership and benefits and therefore any future re-accreditations due.
Library of Effective Practice
If you are looking for the Library of Best Practice to view other school’s activities or to upload your own, please visit the library here.